What is VacationRentalJudge.com?
VacationRentalJudge.com is a website that allows renters to share their vacation rental experiences. We want this website to offer honest, non-biased reviews of actual vacation rental experiences. The only way to ensure honesty is to keep the forum open to everyone. This is a way to expose vacation rentals that are scams and promote the hidden gems.
The vacation rental market has been growing. Websites such as VRBO.com, homerentals.com, holidayhomes.com list over 50,000 properties per site. There are also many local agencies listing thousands of vacation rental properties in each destination.
We have identified several problems:
- It is hard to judge a vacation rental based on the advertisements placed by owners on a website.
- There is no platform to discuss ones rental experience, and guestbook are easily manipulated by offering guests a discount if they share their experience in a positive light.
- It is time consuming to email each owner from these websites individually to find an available property…it would be great to have a database of agents and owners contact you with available properties that fit a defined criteria.
- Vacation owners and small agencies have a hard time finding renters on their own, and the gems need to be highlighted.
- Allow people to share their rental experience in an open format.
- Allow people to help each other through reading each others reviews prior to booking, asking and answering questions on a forum, sharing articles, etc.
- Allow visitors to send a general inquiry that we would relay to agents and owners that have subscribed to receive contact for a particular criteria.
We target two groups:
- Those who have rented and would like to share their experience.
- Those who are looking to research vacation rental properties based on reviews prior to booking.
A web site to share your experience. This is a forum to expose what you have felt is a scam or praise a hidden gem. You can also use this site to provide feedback to the owner of the vacation rental you rented.
Research vacation rental properties based on reviews prior to booking, share your anxieties on a forum, find new places, send a general inquiry and receive properties that meet your criteria.